Facing Criminal Charges in New Jersey?
New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer Defends the Accused
Unfortunately, being arrested for a crime overshadows everything else in your life. Suddenly, the whole world comes to a stop as you contemplate a future. If convicted, then you face limitations to your freedom and your future opportunities. Fines, probation or even a lengthy prison term are all possible. As a result, you may feel that your situation is hopeless. However, do not make the mistake of waiting to see how your situation unfolds. Contact a New Jersey criminal defense lawyer who can take steps to have the allegations against you reduced or dismissed.
At Gelman Law, LLC, we believe you deserve to have your rights protected. Whatever chargers you face, our New Jersey criminal defense lawyer can help. Our law firm works to clear your name by challenging the evidence against. In addition, we use reliable strategies and comprehensive investigations to mitigate damage at any stage of your case. We focus on building strong defenses for misdemeanors, felonies, DUIs and other related crimes. If you are charged with a crime, then contact our New Jersey lawyer.
What Are Common Criminal Offenses in New Jersey?
A criminal conviction can be life-altering, regardless of the severity of the crime. Depending on your history, even minor offenses could have serious penalties. For example, you can have your license revoked and have difficulty returning to work due to minor charges related to traffic tickets. Furthermore, New Jersey’s complex criminal laws leave room for interpretation. Thus, you need a criminal defense attorney who is committed to your defense. Some common offenses that we can work to reduce or dismiss involve:
- Drug Crimes: Drug-related charges are among the most numerous in New Jersey. Usually, charges involve manufacturing, possession, possession with intent to sell or trafficking. A criminal defense attorney will scrutinize claims about quantity and intent.
- Theft Crimes: Usually, minor offenses involve shoplifting, petty theft and burglary. However, armed robbery allegations can have devastating consequences. In either case, it is in your best interests to contact a New Jersey lawyer.
- Drunk Driving: New Jersey DWI charges are extremely common. As a result, you could experience damage to your reputation and limitations to your job.
When Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Immediately after you discover you are under investigation, contact a criminal defense attorney. Alternatively, if you have been arrested, politely remain silent and ask to speak to a lawyer. As tempting as it may be to defend yourself, it is far better to remain silent. By law, the police must stop interrogating you once you make this request. Too many people make the mistake of talking, only to have their innocent words turned against them. Since every case is unique, it is in your best interest to tell your story to a professional. Some serious charges that require immediate defense involve:
- Sex Crimes: These complicated cases can be difficult to navigate and difficult for everyone involved. Thus, you need a criminal defense lawyer with the right kind of experience working on your side. We have decades of experience representing people accused of a sex crime in New Jersey.
- Violent Crimes: These crimes involve accusations of rape, kidnapping, aggravated assault, or murder. If convicted, you face a lengthy prison sentence and the destruction of your personal and professional life. Contact a lawyer today to start building your defense.
- Weapons Charges: The courts are strict when it comes to cases involving weapons. These charges often are tacked on to other alleged crimes like assault and battery or a theft crime. As a result, the potential consequences of a conviction are severe.
Arrested for a Crime in New Jersey? Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Do you believe that you are under investigation for a crime? Have you been arrested for a crime? Are you confused about your rights and ways to reduce or dismiss charges? The longer you wait, the more evidence can be collected against your interests. As soon as you are being investigated, demand your right to legal representation. A reliable New Jersey criminal defense lawyer will work to build you a strong defense.
Regardless of the charges that have been filed against you, you need to act fast. Our criminal defense attorney is prepared to help you at any stage of your case. We can scrutinize evidence, call witnesses and, if necessary, negotiate with prosecutors. Our attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced in criminal investigations and court procedures in both misdemeanor and felony cases. Contact Gelman Law, LLC online or call our Cherry Hill, New Jersey office at (856) 433-1818.